Special thanks to the Orleans Conservation Trust volunteers, Town of Orleans Tree Warden, Highway & Parks Department, MA Audubon Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, AmeriCorps Cape Cod and NStar for helping to round out a successful week of land management work in support of Arbor Day and Earth Day.
During the week of April 21st those involved were able to:
- Install an additional 14 Blue Bird boxes around Town,
- Install a Duck Box within Twinings Pond,
- Install an Osprey Pole within Little Namskaket Marsh,
- Burn more than 3 tons of invasive vegetation,
- Remove more than a ton of trash and wood debris from Namskaket Marsh,
- Remove a ton of invasive plant vegetation along Skaket Beach Road, and
- Plant 6 large native trees along Skaket Beach Road.
Special thanks to everyone involved! To see a video of the osprey pole being raised click HERE!