Nominations for Trustee Candidates is now open! The nomination period for 2017 begins in January and closes March 31 .
- Attend, in person or by phone, monthly Board meetings and other regularly-scheduled Board level meetings;
- Serve on at least one committee each year; attend and actively participate in the committee’s work;
- Attend the Annual Meeting;
- Be able to represent the OCT positively and knowledgeably;
- Promote good relations between the OCT and the public, other land conservation groups and government entities;
- Accept leadership positions on the Board as experience and time allow; Financially support the Trust.
Useful Experience and Skills
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the purposes of the OCT;
- Experience or knowledge in at least one of the following areas: agriculture, community relations, natural resource management, conservation, education, environmental science, fundraising, law, finance, non-profit organization management, public relations, real estate transactions, volunteer recruitment, or any other area in which the person would make a valuable contribution to the OCT;
- Energetic and respected individual;
- Preferably knowledgeable and appreciative of the natural history and resources in the area.