OCT is currently fundraising to purchase a lot on Braddocks Way, which will connect to the Whites Lane Conservation Area.
More information about this property is below.
PURCHASE PRICE: $350,000
• 1.71 acres of wooded upland.
• Residential buildable lot with new subdivision plan.
The acquisition of the property will:
• Add to a wildlife corridor by connecting existing OCT conservation lands, including White’s Lane Conservation Area. This includes nesting sites for Northern diamondback terrapin turtles, plus habitat for a range of birds and mammals.
• Protect Prime 2 Forest Land (state classification as highly productive for growing certain trees).
• Protect land within a state recognized Critical Natural Landscape (intact habitat that supports various species).
OCT has been given until January 16, 2018 to raise the funds. We are currently about a third of the way to our goal!
We feel that this property is a strategic piece to create a 16 acre preserve by Henson’s Cove.
To learn more about the campaign, contact Director Liz Migliore at 508-255-0183.